Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmastime at the Zoo

Yesterday morning when I went to wake little Carl up for school he said, "Mom, I just want to stay home and spend time with you." Never mind that I had been gone for four days, it was so sweet that I couldn't say no. So I told him to go back to sleep and I went back to bed too.

Later when we were all having a nice lazy morning together, we decided to go the zoo and see which animals came out in the cold. It turns out that a lot of them do. A lot more than in 100+ degree August, anyway. Here are some pictures of the fun:










All morning the kids had chocolate pop tarts on their faces because that's the ideal morning snack, and I kept forgetting to wash it off. :)

2 comments:

Julie Porter said...

So fun! You are such a cute mom! I bet they were so happy to have you home!

Lindsey said...

Love it! The kids are too cute! I hope I'll be a fun Mom like that:)